Physical distances and the limited availability of resources often put restrictions on conducting experiments especially when they involve sophisticated instruments. Virtual Labs have been designed to provide remote access to labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars. Virtual Labs enable the students to learn at their own pace and enthuse them to conduct experiments. Virtual Labs also provide a complete learning management system where the students can avail various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated-demonstrations and self-evaluation. Virtual Labs enable the users to perform the experiments remotely as an on-demand service over the web. The Virtual Labs are being jointly developed by IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Guwahati, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIIT Hyderabad, Amrita Vishwa Vidhyapeetham Coimbatore, College of Engineering Pune, Dayalbagh Educational Institute Agra and NITK Surathkal.
Virtual Lab does not require any additional infrastructural setup for conducting experiments at user premises. One computer terminal with broadband internet connectivity is all that is needed to perform the experiments remotely. More than 100 Virtual Labs are currently ready for use and available at one common website www.vlab.co.in.
1. Electronics and Communication Engineering
2. Computer Science and Engineering
3. Electrical Engineering
4. Mechanical Engineering
5. Chemical Engineering
6. Biomedical Engineering and Biotechnology
7. Civil Engineering
8. Physical Sciences
9. Chemical Sciences
Workshops at regular intervals are conducted by inviting engineering colleges,
different institutions and technical universities to get first hands-on experience on Virtual Labs at IIT Delhi. Subsequently,
these colleges join Virtual Labs as Nodal Centers and start using Virtual Labs officially. The objectives of this workshop are:
1. To understand the concept of Virtual Labs developed by all participating institutes for remote experimentation.
2. To gain hands-on experience on Virtual Labs related to Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Applied Sciences.
The official website of Virtual Labs is www.vlab.co.in. This is a single platform to access the Virtual Labs of all major disciplines of Science and Technology. It acts as one - stop platform for additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated-demonstrations and self-evaluation.
1. No registration fee will be charged.
2. Pre-registration is mandatory for this workshop.
3. Registrations can be done by online registration form given below.
4. No lodging/boarding charges or TA/DA will be provided.
5. A certificate of participation will be given to the participants.
6. Last date of registration is 24th February 2020 by 3:00 pm.